- the needs of at-risk students
- integration of the National Educational Technology Standards and Common Core Standards
- retention efforts in urban schools
- innovative uses of technology
- organizational and academic planning uses
- blended learning experiences
- developing positive learning communities from within the schools
- bridging the gap between high school and post secondary training and education
- learner centered instruction
- personal self-efficacy for students
- digital literacy for students with limited access
The Founders of COOL School Technologies, L3C
Leah Robinson, PhD, a native Detroiter, has counseled and taught at the university level for more than 15 years. Her expertise with at-risk students includes working with first year students, international students, and counseling in the Wayne State University School of Medicine. She holds an MA in Educational Psychology an Education Specialist and a PhD in Instructional Technology. Her expertise is in human performance improvement, higher education and technology integration.
Ashara Shepard, Ed.S., is an Educational Improvement Consultant with Wayne RESA and a former K-12 educator in the public schools. She holds an MA in Curriculum and Instruction, a M.Ed. in Educational Leadership and an Education Specialist in Instructional Technology. She trains educators at the K-12 and collegiate level. Her expertise is in school improvement, digital equity and technology integration.
Lin Zhang, Ed.S., is an experienced online instructor on the university level and served as a multimedia technologist and curriculum designer for COOL School Technologies. Lin was also a K-12 educator in her native country of China. She is currently finishing her PhD studies at Boston University.